Malayan Insurance Co., Inc. is the leading non-life insurance company in the Philippines. Founded in 1930, Malayan offers its client and the public guaranteed peace of mind through service excellence, quality insurance protection, and the prompt processing and settlement of just and valid claims.
- As of December 31, 2011, it has a total assets of US$369.3 Million, or Php 16.20 Billion.
- The country's number one non-life insurance company in the Philippines since 1970.
- A.M. Best financial strength rating of B++ (Good) and issuer credit rating of "bbb" (2011 & 2012).
- Standard & Poor's rating of BB/Stable as a long-term issuer, and BB/Stable outlook credit rating for its long-term financial strength (2012).
- Malayan Insurance is a member of the Philippine Insurers and Reinsurers Association (PIRA)
- Received the Best in Corporate Governance and Best in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) awards at the 2nd Philippine Insurers and Reinsurers Association (PIRA) Awards.
- Malayan Insurance is authorized by the Insurance Commission to underwrite the following: Aviation, Engineering, Fire/Property, Marine, Miscellaneous Casualty, Motorcar, Personal Accident, Residential Fire and Travel Insurance, and Surety/Bonds.
- Extensive network of 34 branches and service offices nationwide and is a member of the Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC).
Conversion Rate (December 31, 2011): Php43.84 = US$1.00
2011 Annual Report 2012 Annual Report
2011 (PDF, 6.5 MB) 2012 (PDF, 9 MB)